Dare to enter our ‘Scare Competition!’ for cash prizes!
2018 has seen the release of some seriously scary films in cinemas and on streaming services around the world.
Italian director Luca Guadagnino released his sensory horror ‘Suspiria’ starring a coven of dancing witches, Mike Myers crept onto the scene in the film ‘Halloween’, and March saw a monstrous rise in the of viewers of the Spanish Netflix series, ‘Veronica’.
To celebrate the release of these movies, we’re asking you to dare to enter our first ever ‘Scare Competition’.
The deadline is the end of February: Thursday 28th February.
Here’s what you could win…
Prizes for winners
- £75 / $100 USD
- Four FREE lessons for one month on Lingora
Click here to find out more about our lessons.
Who can enter?
This competition is open to all English, Spanish or French learners at beginner, intermediate or expert level.
You don’t need to be a member of Lingora to enter, this could be your first time using the site.
About the competition
We’d like you to write a short extract (50 – 150 words) or/and leave an audio (30 seconds – 2 minutes) in your target language about what you can see in the ‘Haunted House’ photo. We’ll be judging your texts and audios separately.
Haunted House photo
What to write/talk about…
- What time of day is it in the photo?
- Which animals can you see in the photo?
- How many animals are there altogether?
- What can you see in the background?
- What colours can you see?
- Can you describe each part of the house in your target language?
- What would the rooms look like in the house?
- What would the furniture look like?
- What would you feel like if you were part of this photo? E.g. Scared
- What would you be able to hear?
- Anything else you can think of!
- Texts must be 50 words minimum - 150 words maximum
- Audios must be 30 seconds minimum – 2 minutes maximum
- If you want to enter both a text and audio, please leave these as two separate posts
- They must be written or spoken in either English, Spanish or French
Winners will be based on accuracy; factors such as grammar, punctuation and spelling for text, and accent, pronunciation and intonation for audio.
Each winner will receive £75/$100 USD each.
How to enter
Please feel free to contact Edmund Hutchings on: email@example.com.