(It’s a text that I found it online. And I have decided to translate into English)
1. After loving my parents, my brothers, my wife, my children, my friends, now I started to love myself.
2. I stopped negotiating with street vendors. A couple of bucks won't make difference in my financial situation, but it can help the poor man save for his children's school fees.
3. I pay the taxi driver without waiting for change. The extra money can bring a smile to your face. After all, he's working a lot harder than me.
4. I stopped telling my elders when they told me the same story many times. Stories make them walk the path of memory and relive the past.
5. I learned not to correct people, even when I know they are wrong. I understand that the responsibility for making everyone perfect is not mine. Peace is more precious than perfection. As my wife says: if the person lives in a bubble, leave ... don't burst the bubble!)
6. I give compliments freely and generously. This improves the mood not only of the recipient, but also of myself!
7. I stay away from people who don't value me. After all, they may not know my worth, but I do.
8. I learned to live each day as if it were the last. After all, it may be the last.
|Category||Adequate to good||Good to Excellent||Needs work|
The learners ability to use nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. correctly in sentences, using verb tenses accurately, and having the correct agreement between subjects and predicates. For instance, one would say "they were" instead of "they was."
There are 3-4 grammatical errors
There are 0-2 grammatical errors
There are 5 or more grammatical errors
The learner's ability to use certain marks to clarify meaning of their writing by grouping words grammatically into sentences and clauses and phrases.
There are 3-4 errors in capitalization and punctuation.
There are 0-2 errors in capitalization and punctuation.
There are 5 or more errors in capitalization and punctuation.
The learners' ability to form words with the correct letters in the correct order
There are 3-4 spelling errors
There are 0-2 spelling errors
There are 5 or more spelling errors
The learner's ability to tailor the written work to fit the specific context, purpose, or audience
Mostly understandable. However, there are a few errors which cause confusion.
Easy to understand. Writing flows and keeps reader engaged.
Quite hard to understand.